Parents' Association Grants
MPH Parents’ Association Fund- Grant Application Process
1. Financial support will be available for student groups and faculty members only. All funds are derived from campus shop proceeds and are designated by a Parents Association sub-committee.
2. PA Fund grants will be awarded solely for school-related events, activities, projects, and other needs identified to be in the interest of educational advancement. Partial or full funding may be approved and is solely up to the discretion of the PA.
3. The PA Fund committee is composed of the executive committee and interested MPH parents (as indicated through the volunteer survey or direct request). The criteria for membership is to attend and participate during any PA or committee meeting or discussion when grant applications are on the agenda.
4. The PA Fund grant application procedure:
a. Fill out and submit an application* by the 1st Friday of the month.
b. All applications received on time will be reviewed within one week of submission by the committee. The PA President will email the request to all committee members for review. They can choose to discuss and decide based on email correspondance, or if needed, the applicant may be asked to make a brief presentation about the specific activity, project, or other need, to the PA at its monthly meeting. The date and time will be agreed upon ahead of time and the presentation will be posted on the agenda.
d. If a presentation is made, the PA will discuss the merits of the application and the Grant sub-committee will make the final determination. If no presentation is needed, the sub-committee will make the final determination via email and President will notify the appliacnt of the following:
There are three possible outcomes:
1. Approved, with partial or full financial assistance offered.
2. Postponed, until questions or concerns are answered. The application may be re-submitted.
3. Denied, if not found to be appropriate for the PA Fund.