FALL REGISTRATION OPENS 6:00 a.m. JULY 21!!
Driver Education begins September 6 and runs 16 weeks. Students attend theory and drive classes once a week each, 1 ½ hour each class/drive (3 hours per week), for 16 weeks to complete the required 24 hours of in-class and in-car requirements regulated and approved through the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles. Students must be 16 years old by the first day of class and possess a valid driving permit. Course fee is $525.00 (payment plans and financial aid available).
Classes are offered at Manlius Pebble Hill, Fayetteville-Manlius High School and Chittenango High School. While theory classes and drive classes will be held at individual schools, the awareness aspects of the program (DWI Night, Rural/Metro Rescue Presentation, Sheriff’s Slide Show and No Zone Safety Day) will be held at specific locations which will be noted on your theory schedule.
1. Mondays 4:15 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
2. Wednesdays 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
3. Saturdays 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Fayetteville-Manlius High School Campus:
4. Mondays 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
5. Tuesdays 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
6. Saturdays 9:30 a.m. – 11: 00 a.m.
Chittenango High School Campus:
7. Tuesdays 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Drive times are not listed. Please go to the online registration site to see the drive times offered.
Driver Education is offered three times a year at MPH.
- Mid-September through mid-December
- Late January through late May
- Summer (condensed 8-week course) Late June through the 3rd week of August
The state-regulated and certified course requires participants to complete 24 hours of instruction in the classroom and 24 hours of in-car driving.
Many years ago we added five special classes to our program because we believe there's more to learning how to drive than reading a book and spending time behind the wheel. These five elements make the course unique and raise the bar on expectations.
Upon successful completion of this course, your child will receive an MV-285 certificate. You may submit the bottom portion of this form to your insurance company for a discount* and the top portion to the DMV in order to schedule your child's driver's test.
* Check with your own insurance company to see what discount, if any, they may allow.