Library: Upper School Science & Technology
Looking for help with BIO, Chem or Physics? All sorts of science is explained with video instruction at the award winning Khan Academy website. Check it out!
A great reading list of the latest books about science. Check one out.
Are you interested in assisting in the morphological classification of large numbers of galaxies? Do you even know what that means? Be a part of citizen science with the Hubble Space Craft survey data!
9th Grade BIO
- Check out Cell's Alive for information and cool animations on cell division and for all you want to know about biology, microbiology, immunology and more!
- Type FORENSICS into the library catalog and click KEYWORD. You will get many book and Website resources!
- Check out the sites below for cases where forensic evidence is discussed:
- From OJ Simpson to Jack the Ripper, this site has background info on the forensics of many famous cases
- From bite marks to fiber to fingerprints view five amazing cases which used forensics at this Discover channel site
- This government site presents case studies that highlight how DNA evidence is being used to help achieve justice in criminal cases throughout the US.
- Are you curious about the great mud slide in Tully? Read the US Geological Survey fact sheet about this unique geological event.
- Read about current legislative initiatives in the What's New section at the American Geological Institute
- Read The Geological Society of America position on critical issues and public policy
BIO & AP BIO
- Want to view film of cell life, learn all about slugs, or answer your questions about all sorts of life science? visit the National Science Foundation
- Need help with your bio homework? Visit this student resource
- See a list of library resources on Bridge design and construction. Includes websites.
GENERAL SCIENCE TOPICS
- Find current science news TOPICS & EVENTS at ScienceDaily.
- Hear from women working in science from Anthropology to Zoology by visiting the famous Field Museum in Chicago online. Check out the home page for resources related to their exhibits.
Need info about Diigital Literacy, Web Design, Computer Graphics or Video Game Design, visit Mrs. Flack's website