Library: Upper School
Make a research appointment with Ms. Morrison! Be sure to include your availability.
My new favorite place to visit online is OpenCulture. Check out all the free access to content they collect and archive including 600 Free eBooks of fiction, poetry and non fiction for your mobile device.
USE EasyBib for all bibliography, outline and citation needs (Register the first time from MPH). Get quick basic formating info for English papers. For more detailed help with writing visit the Online Writing Lab (OWL) [Thanks to Purdue University for permission to link.]
Begin research with the LIBRARY CATALOG
- To REALLY use Google well, try GOOGLE ADVANCED SEARCH
- Or try a new search engine like Yippy or SweetSearch
- Are you a seasoned researcher? Try this ULTIMATE tool
For Online Databases (pdf) use these TIPS:
- MOZILLA or SAFARI are best browsers for accessing links
- If using INTERNET EXPLORER add mph backslash before username
- Always select FULL TEXT
Freshman, link to the follow up to the research seminar about using Wikipedia
20 popular required reading books available for download
Do you have test anxiety? Want to be better at memorization? Learn STUDY SKILLS.
MRS. M's Faves
- Link to Field Trip Permission Form (MasterMinds)
- Use FACEBOOK wisely. Learn about PRIVACY and 10 settings every user should know
- YouTube education channel - Amaaazing stuff here!
- Run DMC on READING & Watch this video
- View my word cloud or create your own "wordle"
- Find out what MIT is calling new Media Literacies
- Take a virtual visit to Ms. Foster's Sweet Egg Farm
- More Faves
Have a book or website to recommend? Email Mrs. Morrison or follow me (@mphLibrary) on Twitter!