Do you love a good App? Check this list of Apps for Educators (current as of Fall 2013)
Did you know teachers get discounts in ALL SORTS of places?
Check out the New York School of the Future and its resources for authentic assessment.
Are you using the Library catalog features? If you LOG IN you can create RESOURCE LISTS and other features. See me for details.
Confused about fair use and copyright? Read this or see Ms. Morrison for copyright advice.
More resources I recommend:
- WolframAlpha simply amazing
- The BBC for great animated videos, games and learning tools
- StumbleUpon find sites you like based on your ratings of sites
- Learn via video to use Flip Cameras (or see me for a handout)
- Type your subject into AWESOME STORIES for primary material
- Great rubric creator for assessing powerpoint & multimultimedia
Locate video clips, audio, and other multimedia for classroom use:
- Britannica ImageQuest our paid subscription to nearly 3 million rights cleared images!
- LIFE magazine archive of amazing photos
- National Geographic resources for science, geography, photography and more
Read About School Issues Related to Social Media
- cyberbullying resource
- This NY Times article explores the legalities of cyberbullying inside and outside of school.
- This NY Times article looks at students' legal and social ramifications of sexting
5 Key Concepts of Media Literacy
More Tech Resources:
- Keys to using Powerpoint in your classroom (DOs and DON'Ts)
- Teach your student to use SAFE SEARCH in GOOGLE and YOUTUBE (scroll to bottom of page and turn SAFETY MODE on)
Looking for resources related to Native American culture and history?