Library: Welcome to some of Mrs M's Favorite Resources
Part of my job as a school librarian is to see that my students become information literate. To this end, I include digital literacy and define it as being able to 1) use information well; to find it, consume it, analyze it, and leverage it to solve a problem. 2) use media and technology to communicate and collaborate effectively 3) to develop digital citizenship, learning how to behave in an online environment where one's voice is amplified and persistent.
I read this by Will Richardson (ASCD) recently "By the time they leave high school, students should be 'Googleable,' associating their full names with their best work for a global audience to see." I find this to be an ineteresting idea. Do you? email me!
- 21st Century learning wtih Technology & Media Literacy tools, from Kathy Schrock
- Cut through the useless to find out more about almost anything at The Librarians' Index to the Internet
- Find out if your local library (Onondaga County Public Library) has a book and check out their resources
- Looking for something different from a college? Read about Colleges That Change Lives
Read eBooks for free 20 best sites for downloading free ebooks
Random Fun Stuff
- iTunesU - get great course content on your laptop, iPad, iPhone or iPod
- Find out what type of art happenings are going on in Syracuse