For more information, please contact:
Assistant to Head of School, Jim Dunaway
315-446-2452, ext. 120
Manlius Pebble Hill has a long-standing commitment to the principles of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with this commitment, we will continue recruitment, employment, compensation, terms, conditions, and privileges of employment of qualified persons without regard to gender, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Individuals shall be judged solely on their job-related aptitude, training, skills, and performance.
This policy also prohibits employees from harassing any other employees for any reason including, but not limited to, race, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disabled status.
1. Part-Time Middle School English Teacher
Manlius Pebble Hill School is accepting applications for a part-time, long-term substitute to teach one section of eighth grade English, October 17 – December 20. The class meets every other day, 12:15 – 1:45. Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree and experience teaching at the middle school level is preferred. The ideal candidate enjoys teaching middle school students through projects, inquiry, and discussion. Send resume, letter of interest, teaching philosophy and two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Administrative Assistant (part-time), Office of Admissions
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of Admission and contributes to the effective and efficient functioning of the Admissions Office through a wide variety of responsibilities. This is a part-time position requiring the highest level of confidentiality, professional demeanor, and a commitment to providing exemplary customer service. The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines despite interruptions is essential. Experience providing administrative support within an educational setting is strongly preferred, as is experience utilizing database processes and a high-level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
Hours range between 10-15 hours per week, and can vary depending upon the admission cycle. Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Director of Admissions with standard office procedures in accordance with the Admissions Office annual calendar, and provide support to effectively recruit and enroll current and new students.
- Create applicant files and regularly update applicant records in the admissions database throughout the enrollment season.
- Export and manipulate data from admissions database to support Admissions Office weekly, monthly and annual reporting. Assist Director of Admission with creation of data reports to represent enrollment history and forecast admissions trends.
- Assist with communication to parents throughout all stages of the admissions process. This includes facilitating completion of the application file, scheduling prospective student tours and visits, and creating/sending Acceptance packets for newly admitted students and New Student Packets for newly enrolled families.=
- Coordinate annual Reenrollment process by creating and sending Reenrollment packets and processing completed reenrollment materials. Work with Director of Data Management to establish online reenrollment process.
- Assist Director of Admission with planning and execution of Admissions events, including Open Houses and Orientation.
- Create reports pertaining to the School’s financial aid program, and provide assistance as needed to the Financial Aid Committee to support annual financial aid reviews.
- Help field Admissions phone calls and e-mails and respond to incoming correspondence and inquiries.
- Occasionally, may be asked to conduct campus tours during peak season or when Director of Admission is unavailable.
Applicants are asked to email a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to email@example.com. The deadline for receipt of application materials is Monday, October 10.