Manlius Pebble Hill has a long-standing commitment to the principles of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with this commitment, we will continue recruitment, employment, compensation, terms, conditions, and privileges of employment of qualified persons without regard to gender, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Individuals shall be judged solely on their job-related aptitude, training, skills, and performance.
This policy also prohibits employees from harassing any other employees for any reason including, but not limited to, race, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disabled status.
2 listings at this time
1. Special Education Teacher
Manlius Pebble Hill School is seeking a full-time Learning Specialist for the 2014-2015 school year.
Please send a resume, cover letter, statement of educational philosophy, and list of references to email@example.com with “MPH Learning Specialist Opening” in the subject line.
The learning specialist will be responsible for helping a caseload of students with learning disabilities to achieve their full academic potential in the classroom and become independent learners. In addition, the Learning Specialist will work with classroom teachers to provide accommodations for their caseload of students.
A Master’s degree in Special Education is required. Experience working with students with learning disabilities at various grade levels is required. Experience or expertise working with students in middle and high school level math classes is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with a caseload of students with documented learning challenges to help them find success in the classroom while meeting the requirements of their IEP, 504 Plan, or educational evaluation
- Interpret assessments and evaluations and plan effective instruction & accommodations targeted at student’s individual needs
- Collaborate with faculty to develop strategies to compensate for their students’ learning deficits
- Assist parents in making referrals for education evaluations; coordinate the process from the referral to the testing process and communicate the results
- Work with Public School Committees on Special Education to develop appropriate accommodation plans (IEPs, 504 Plans) for MPH students
- Attend staff meetings and in-house training programs
- Participate in school events and other special activities as needed
- Monitor, document, and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the Division Heads and parents regarding student progress and issues, and conference as deemed necessary
- Assist in other duties as assigned by the leadership team
2. Substitute Teachers
Manlius Pebble Hill School is seeking substitute teachers in all grade levels for the 2014-2015 school year.
Please send a resume, cover letter,, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Substitute Teacher” in the subject line.