For more information, please contact us
Manlius Pebble Hill School is committed to creating a campus environment that is diverse and to building a culture that fosters understanding and respect for differences.
Diversity is at the heart of Manlius Pebble Hill School. Many ethnic backgrounds, nationalities, cultural traditions, languages, and religions are represented among our students. MPH is committed to including families from all walks of life and socioeconomic levels. The experience of diversity is itself an education for the members of the MPH community and allows us to build a culture that fosters understanding and respect for differences.
Manlius Pebble Hill adheres with daily awareness to the following Principles of Good Practice for Equity and Justice as developed by the National Association of Independent Schools:
- Manlius Pebble Hill is committed to justice, equity, and diversity in its mission statement and strategic planning.
- Manlius Pebble Hill respects, affirms, and protects the dignity and worth of each member of the school community.
- Manlius Pebble Hill establishes, publishes, implements, and reviews policies that promote justice and equity in the life of the school.
- Manlius Pebble Hill supports the ongoing education of the board of trustees, parents, students, and all school personnel as part of the continuing creation of a diverse and equitable community.
- Manlius Pebble Hill ensures an anti-bias environment by constantly assessing school culture and addressing issues of diversity and justice in pedagogy, curriculum, programs, and hiring.
- Manlius Pebble Hill values each and every child, recognizing and teaching to varied learning styles, abilities, and life experiences.
- Manlius Pebble Hill uses inclusive, anti-bias language in written and oral communication.
- Manlius Pebble Hill complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations that promote diversity.
- Manlius Pebble Hill provides appropriate opportunities for leadership and participation in decision making to all members of the school community.
- Manlius Pebble Hill includes all families and guardians as partners in the process of creating and sustaining an equitable and just community.
- Manlius Pebble Hill expects from its students and all members of the community support and appreciation for equity and diversity in school and in the local and global communities.